Healthy Opportunities for you
Healthy Opportunities is a federally-funded pilot program that was created to help improve your health beyond medicine.
You may be eligible for free services within your community if you meet the following:
1. Active enrollment in Healthy Blue
2. Currently live in one of these pilot program counties:
- New Hanover
3. Have at least one physical/behavioral health condition
- Adults with two or more chronic conditions
- Pregnant people with a history of poor birth outcomes, such as low birth weight
- Children from 0–3 years old who were in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- Children from 0–20 years old who have experienced three or more categories of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs). ACEs can include violence, abuse, and growing up in a family with behavioral health or substance use problems.
4. Have at least one social risk factor
- Homelessness or house insecurity
- Food insecurity
- Transportation insecurity
- At risk of, witnessing, or experiencing violence or toxic stress
The Healthy Opportunities Pilot program can provide you with services such as fresh food, nutrition classes, transportation, housing support, support in times of stress, and help if you feel unsafe.
Call Member Services at 844-594-5070 (TTY 711) Monday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern time to get connected with a care manager. Ask for help with the Healthy Opportunities Pilot program.