How to enroll
Healthy Blue is a health plan that serves NC Medicaid members. We help coordinate and manage your health care needs.
How to choose Healthy Blue
Step 1: Apply for benefits
Enrollment is year round. If you qualify for benefits, you can enroll at any time. The best way to know if you’re eligible is to apply.
You can apply for NC Medicaid in these ways:
- Complete an online application
- In person at your county Department of Social Services (DSS) office
- Fill out a paper application and submit to your county DSS office
Step 2: Enroll in Healthy Blue
After you are notified that you are eligible, you can choose Healthy Blue as your health plan. You can choose us for each member of your family who has Medicaid or Health Choice:
- Call the NC Medicaid Enrollment Broker at 1-833-870-5500 (TTY 1-833-870-5588), 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week
- Visit the Enrollment Broker website
Have a question or need help?
Contact the Enrollment Broker to learn more about choosing or changing your health plan.